Mamre Oaks day activity centre for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities is located within Agape Village in Lorong 8, Toa Payoh. The centre aims to provide structured but varied programs that actively engage persons with intellectual disabilities.
Our program will include:
• Indoor/outdoor exercise programs that will encourage the Special Persons to remain physically active and fit. Sports related games and competitions will significantly empower the Special Persons.
• Skilled-based activities through the use of art & craft, independence living, creative works, music and dance.
• Building of social skills and self-confidence
• Specific workshops that address behavior issues, self-defense, sexuality, self-care and finances.
• Engagement in work-related projects within the compound of Agape Village such as ushers, area cleaning and cafe serving and cleaning, horticulture activities.
• Time for reflection and quiet meditation.
• Contracted work projects where possible to help identify and facilitate open employment opportunities for the adults with special needs.
• Activities to support for the caregivers.