Mamre Oaks day activity centre for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities is located within Agape Village in Lorong 8 Toa Payoh. The centre aims to provide structured but varied programs that actively engage persons with intellectual disabilities.
Our programs include:
• Indoor/outdoor exercise programs that will encourage the Special Persons to remain physically active and fit. Sports related games and competitions will significantly empower the Special Persons.
• Skilled-based activities through the use of art & craft, independence living, creative works, music and dance.
• Building of social skills and self-confidence
• Specific workshops that address behavior issues, self-defense, sexuality, self-care and finances.
• Engagement in work-related projects within the compound of Agape Village such as ushers, area cleaning and cafe serving and cleaning, horticulture activities.
• Time for reflection and quiet meditation.
• Contracted work projects where possible to help identify and facilitate open employment opportunities for the adults with special needs.
• Activities to support for the caregivers.